CAROL'S FIRST YEAR COMMITMENT
A PLAN IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS DEADLINES
ELECTION YEAR BULLET POINT PROMISES ARE GREAT
ACTION IS BETTER AND WE'VE BEEN WAITING TOO LONG
1. Comprehensive review of all District 12 resident flooding reports with City staff,
and city residents negatively impacted to formulate an Action Plan and seek
funding for relief starting with Shoreham Road and moving out from there.
2. Immmediately pass Folly Road Overlay AND IMPLEMENT IT (i.e. Gathering
Place Plan for mixed use, public transit, and connectivity was NOT implemented).
3. Work with Mayor, City Staff, and Residents to develop James Island specific
zoning plan to among other things:
- Review "DR" high density zonings for disallowance on James Island
- Revise Gathering Place to disallow unlimited density (as requested by a
petition signed by 1,200+ residents)
- Ensure James Island is protected from overdevelopment
4. Draw Up with City Staff and Submit to City Council for approval a Greenbelt
Purchase Request for property for a Passive Park near the JI Connector at Harbor
View Road as nearby residents first requested some 3 years ago. Enough talk.
5. Immediately address JI Rec Center improvements with the City's Recreation
Committee and review 2018 city budget to add in improvement funding.
6. Work with the Town of James Island to devise and fund a maintenance schedule
for the sidewalks and gutters along Harbor View Road. And work with SC DOT
and City Staff to get crosswalks at designated and highly trafficked areas.